Monday, June 28, 2010

Right Buttons To Push

Gee.... kids sure know what buttons to push, don't they?

CJ has been going through a very clingy time the last couple of weeks. He is very happy to be at our house. He'll ask Jay if he gets to spend the night every day that he is here and is disappointed if it is not one of "our" nights. I have to admit and Jay and I are really enjoying this new behavior. Not really sure what has changed, but it has been wonderful. The only thing that we can speculate is that Season has been planning her other childs birthday party which sound like it quite the extravaganza and that possibly he has been feeling left out. Who know... we don't really care either. As long as he is happy and wants to be here with us, we are on board.

Unfortunately I had not been able to make it to any T-Ball games yet this season because of work (not to mention that I really DO NOT want to go and sit for over an hour with Season since we haven't seen or talked with each other since January). I decided that since I knew Season wasn't going to make it to T-Ball on Friday night that I would leave a little bit early to get there to catch at least the last bit of the game. He was SO excited that I was there.

He had another game on Saturday morning and I not planned to go. First, I had a TON of things to do. Second, I knew that there was a chance that Season would be there. Jay and CJ were getting ready to leave and he said with disappointment, "aren't you coming to my game?". I said that I had some things to do and I wouldn't be there. He responds by saying "I hate your work". I say... "what do you mean buddy". He says "I hate that you have to work all the time and can never come to my t-ball games". OK now... talk about breaking my heart!!!

So... I reminded myself that it doesn't matter if she was there. If her whole family was there. If she had to sit next to me. If I had to hitch a ride to get here.... I needed to be there. Not because of my pride. Not because I needed to prove something to her.... totally because he needed and more importantly WANTED me to be there. I was the bigger person then than the Lyn that was NOT going to go just because I hate her guts.

She was there. I was there. We all survived. I'm glad I went for him because it was also good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment